In the week where Apple met their own expectations, iPhone sales decline but iPad’s show some promise (finally) I’m joined by Karl and Dean (crystal.io) to talk all things Apple, Tesla and other randomness.
This Week’s Talking Points
- Karl weighs in on the advert blocking game.
- Apple breaks more ground into content with carpool Kareoke, sans James Cordon – Neowin
- Dean goes all fancy pants with tales of wine and champagne.
- MacBook Pro 2016 release date hints 4G connectivity, Kaby Lake processor – PC-Tablet
- Microsoft just released an iPhone app it says takes better photos than Apple’s camera – Business Insider
- Google Motion Stills. – App Store
- Instagram Hyperlapse – App Store
- Gaming on the mac sucks.
- Nemo’s Hardware Store (1hr 2 seconds)
- The Tesla thing is still happening and how I failed to secure hedge-funding.
- Apple earnings call.
- iPad shows growth.
- Services are going up.
- 400% increase for Apple Pay.
Nemo’s hardware store
Life proof If you’re looking for rugged waterproof, weatherproof accessories for your iOS devices go and heck out LifeProof. Available direct and from Amazon
Worth A Chirp
Dean : SnakeApp – What is the longest possible length a bird can be? Obviously a question only all the fruit in the world can answer! But where could all this fruit be hiding?
Karl : Prisma – Art Photo Editor with Free Picture Effects & Cool Image Filters for Instagram Pics and Selfies by Prisma labs, inc.
Mark : Gamesnostalgia.com get your retro gaming on with easy over at games nostalga
Amazon Affiliate link
Shop at Amazon? You can support the show just by using our link in the show notes or on the website.
Using our amazon affiliate link means we get a very small % of hopefully something you’d purchased after John’s review but it doesn’t have to be. Use the link, shop, purchase anything and you’ll be supporting the show.
Failing that give us a like on the twittbook via @essentialapple1 or Facebook and Google Plus..
How to get a hold of everyone
Special Show notes:
This week the entire show was edited with nothing more than my trusty iPhone 6 and Ferrite for iOS. A huge thanks to Canis from wooji-juice.com for the support over the last 2 days of editing. I was able to strip silence and tighten the audio just as I would in Audacity right from my iOS device.