No one could complain that WWDC wasn’t packed to the rafters with new features. With so much to discuss instead of our usual episode we’ve gone ahead and done a 2 parter Barry, Karl and myself discuss the points of WWDC whilst going decidedly off topic in places. Spectrum vs C64 and alternative uses for a hot tub amongst others.
WWDC in Ten Minutes
If you want to get all of the major points in an easily digestible, Karl’s found a 10 minute rundown of WWDC
- Instant app launching
- Introducing Scribble
- More Watch Faces
- Mini Mouse
- Numerals interface
- Activity interface
- SoS on Apple Watch.
- Localised emergency numbers called.
- How “easy” will it to accidentally activate this feature. Ie if running and a band rubs against the button?
- Enhanced Activity and Workout
- Breathe – Well spotted Serenak in our Decoding the coding article.
- Realtime access to fitness and movement data.
- Apple Pay Within Watch Apps
- Fitness Apple now be able to run the background during workouts enabling access to real-time heart rate information and motion data. This is going to enable a whole new category fitness apps on the watch.
- Sprite and Scene Kit On Apple Watch
- Auto unlock
- Universal clipboard
- Desktop available across devices via iCloud
- Optimised storage
- Get rid of files you’ll never need again 20gb free to 120gb
- is this like that spammy program you all laughed at me for installing (clean my mac or soething)
- Apple pay to the web
- Done via a style sheet on the browser (safari only?)
- uses continuity on iphone to authenticate
- picture in picture
- All apps or just those that sign up?
- Siri on mac
Remove built-in apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 beta – Apple Support – support.apple.com
Nemo’s hardware store
Johns back with us again this week, casting his critical eye over some new cases for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
Jump straight to the segment (overcast 30:10)
Shop at Amazon? You can support the show just by using our link in the show notes or on the website. Using our amazon affiliate link means we get a very small % of hopefully something you’d purchased after John’s review but it doesn’t have to be. Use the link, shop, purchase anything and you’ll be supporting the show.
Failing that give us a lick on the twittbook. Via @essentialapple1 or pokerface and Google Plus which of course is in the show notes
Worth A Chirp
Barry : iPad longevity – just recycled ipad mini to my muva. It’s a brave new world and she is loving it.
Karl : Drop Flip by BorderLeap – iTunes
Drop Flip is a delightful game packed with silly physics contraptions! Move, flip and manipulate obstacles of every shape and size as you accomplish the not-so-simple task of dropping a ball into a bucket
Mark : Anti biotics because i’m ill…