iMessage Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again | EssentialMac
Mark | On 01, Dec 2011
In the same fashion as the Facetime error it seems that iMessage is having a few issues of it’s own. Reports are coming in that when trying to use a new iPad and after activation, iMessage gives you the following error.
“Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again”
The fix seems to be related to some DNS services not updating as quick as others. As google is god in the area of web changes you can try changing your DNS settings to googles DNS entries.
BUT that does mean you loose a few features. For example if you are downloading service packs or updates it won’t pull them from the closest geo-located server but instead will default to a typically USA server. The same applies for openDNS.
You can change your routers, iPhone or Mac DNS entries to 126.96.36.199 and set the secondary DNS to 188.8.131.52. Not sure how to do this don’t worry it’s easy.
Double Click on the Network icon
You might have an active Wi-Fi or ethernet connection or even both but select the main one you use. In this case we only have Wi-Fi, so go ahead and select that and click on Advanced.
Your window will look different to the above image. It’s ok to click on the DNS Server entry and then press the – (minus) button at the bottom to remove that entry.
You don’t have to do that however. When you click the + (plus icon) at the bottom and enter the DNS details below you can reorder them simply by clicking and dragging into whatever order you would like.
Add the DNS entries you would like. Here I’ve used 184.108.40.206 for Googles DNS entries but kept a custom DNS entry (UnoTelly). Once done click ok.
Try it again and see what happens but in all of our testing this seems to have solved it. Of course if you have your own solutions as to why iMessage Could not sign in please let us know with the form below.
If you have this problem or have solved it, we’d love to hear from you.
Of course if you have your own solutions as to why iMessage Could not sign in please let us know with the form below.
Fix: AirPort Express Invalid Radio Channel When Trying to Use 802.11n (5GHZ mode... 26/05/2012 | Mark
Why does iMessage and Text messages appear in separate conversations.... 24/11/2011 | Mark
Apple’s Card app Tried and Tested. 13/10/2011 | Mark
Apple’s Card App Compared To Hallmark and Others... 06/11/2011 | Mark
- YouTube. HTML 5 First, Flash 2nd. Steve Was Right After All
- Edifier Prisma Encore Complement your personal computer with the Edifier Prisma Encore.
- PlayBox For iOS, A Rival For PopCorn Time That Doesn’t Need Jailbreaking
- Busted – Netflix’s Rumoured VPN crackdown. It’s Rubbish
- Top Gear Season 22 To Be Simulcast WorldWide To Beat Piracy.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Heads Up! - Warner Bros.
- Minecraft – Pocket Edition - Mojang
- The Official DVSA Theory Test Kit for Car Drivers - TSO (The Stationery Office)
- Football Manager Handheld™ 2015 - SEGA
- DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers UK - Driving Test Success - Focus Multimedia
- Afterlight - Afterlight Collective, Inc
- SKI TRACKS - GPS TRACK RECORDER - Core Coders Ltd
- 7 Minute Workout Challenge - Fitness Guide Inc
- MONOPOLY Game - Electronic Arts
- Plague Inc. - Ndemic Creations