iMessage Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again | EssentialMac
Mark | On 01, Dec 2011
In the same fashion as the Facetime error it seems that iMessage is having a few issues of it’s own. Reports are coming in that when trying to use a new iPad and after activation, iMessage gives you the following error.
“Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again”
The fix seems to be related to some DNS services not updating as quick as others. As google is god in the area of web changes you can try changing your DNS settings to googles DNS entries.
BUT that does mean you loose a few features. For example if you are downloading service packs or updates it won’t pull them from the closest geo-located server but instead will default to a typically USA server. The same applies for openDNS.
You can change your routers, iPhone or Mac DNS entries to 184.108.40.206 and set the secondary DNS to 220.127.116.11. Not sure how to do this don’t worry it’s easy.
Double Click on the Network icon
You might have an active Wi-Fi or ethernet connection or even both but select the main one you use. In this case we only have Wi-Fi, so go ahead and select that and click on Advanced.
Your window will look different to the above image. It’s ok to click on the DNS Server entry and then press the – (minus) button at the bottom to remove that entry.
You don’t have to do that however. When you click the + (plus icon) at the bottom and enter the DNS details below you can reorder them simply by clicking and dragging into whatever order you would like.
Add the DNS entries you would like. Here I’ve used 18.104.22.168 for Googles DNS entries but kept a custom DNS entry (UnoTelly). Once done click ok.
Try it again and see what happens but in all of our testing this seems to have solved it. Of course if you have your own solutions as to why iMessage Could not sign in please let us know with the form below.
If you have this problem or have solved it, we’d love to hear from you.
Of course if you have your own solutions as to why iMessage Could not sign in please let us know with the form below.
iOS 5 1 Year On – How Much Difference Has It Made?... 11/06/2012 | Mark
Apple Icloud updated (showing new errors anyways!)... 04/10/2011 | Mark
Apple Cards app updated with improved text entry, more... 08/12/2011 | Mark
iOS 5.1 For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad And iPod touch Download Links... 07/03/2012 | Mark
- Active Wrap Headphones Review. Only $29 yet incredibly uncomfortable
- Mac & Forth PodCast Episode 50 Featuring EssentialMac.
- Edifier Launches MP211 Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Stylish speaker for your tablet, laptop or smartphone packs a punch!
- Ministry of Sound Radio app Review. Stylishly Executed
- Glimpse, Preview Websites Right Within Notification Centre.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Minecraft – Pocket Edition - Mojang
- The Official DVSA Theory Test Kit for Car Drivers - TSO (The Stationery Office)
- DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers UK - Driving Test Success - Focus Multimedia
- Heads Up! - Warner Bros.
- MONOPOLY Game - Electronic Arts
- Afterlight - Afterlight Collective, Inc
- Enlight - Lightricks Ltd.
- Shaun in the City - Sheep Spotter - Aardman Animations Ltd.
- Sleep Cycle alarm clock - Northcube AB
- Angry Birds - Rovio Entertainment Ltd